links i love

You know sometimes Mother Teresa quotes just cuts you to the soul. I was reading through them today as God was convicting me of sins of selfishness that I have. I think that she had a good sense of humor...Here's one for exqmple, "I want you to be concerned about your next door neighbor. Do you know your next door neighbor?" -Mother Teresa

Livesay {Haiti} Weblog
The Livesay's have been in Haiti serving for the last few years. They have a amazing testimony, check it out. And they have a wonderful blog post about about a piece that 60 minutes did. There are things I love about this report, I loved when Jean Robert Cadet reminded us that it does matter and Iis important to help just one person. The truth of that is powerful. They will actually be speaking in the Houston Area (the are in states for a bit) at Robbie Seay's church, Ecclesia on April 18th if anyone is interested!

Noel Piper
aka John Piper's wife.
I had no idea that they adopted! I am so behind (16 years) but it was a encouragement to hear their story. You can  read her adoption story here. its a series of posts but she writes well and it was a good read. They adopted beautiful Talitha Ruth a month before John Piper turned 50. They went through weeks and weeks of prayer and Noel said that she tried to speak to him in his own language so she wrote what she hoped would be a persuasive paper. (isn't that funny) And he wrote her back...the answer was yes. He shared some points that he had wrote in his journal.

Bookmark and Share

Post a Comment

Followers

Wild Olive Tees
Grace is our only Hope

Augustine: For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP