Finally another Texan Here in Corisca! Maybe you have heard of him...

.... Lance Armstrong

There was race here in Corisca this weekend and Team Radio Shack with Lance raced in it! It was a beautiful day so we drove down to watch the start... I think he was able to tell that we too are from Texas so when he took his hat off to put his helmet on he gave the hat to us. There weren't a lot of fans out so we were just standing on the sidelines right beside all the action. I hope Corsica Treats you well Lance.

Here is a short video for the fans out there. I think that there were more reporters then people out...
Matt grabbed some video of all the reporters interviewing him pre-race and then a few seconds of him chatting it up at the starting line and I tried to get him racing by but I stopped to at the exact moment that he comes by...




And Lance's competition, Contador {who beat lance in the race but neither did too well}


HEY LANCE-look over here! We are from Texas too and you are the first American we have seen in a long time.

Umm....who should i give my hat to? how about that good-looking family obviously from the Lonestar State...



Samuel didn't even know who Lance was...and Sadie could not care less....


Sadie showing me the water bottle #27... Lance's teammate handed us...sorry I don't know who you are #27...

when we got home matt went out on the porch and was pretending to be in the race {with his live strong hat} and I snuck a photo....

After the race we explored Porto Vecchio a bit and saw these cool rocks just out in the water so I made Samuel take a picture....On the way home from the race we detoured to visit Delphin in his village, Antisanti and he took us up to see the beautiful view. Nice pose Delphin...



There was a fun park that we found...Sadie loved it and we met a cool couple from Porto Vecchio with 2 girls around Sadie's age...here she is playing with them. The husband was very eager to talk about American Politics and thinks that everyone in Texas carries a gun!







Bookmark and Share

Tina @ Girl Meets Globe  – (March 28, 2010 at 4:23 AM)  

I know who Lance is!! How cool that you got to see him AND get his hat! I must know those Texans, huh?! I sent you an email. I hope you got it. Let me know if you didn't. =)

Bekah  – (March 28, 2010 at 8:44 AM)  

What fun times. Glad he gave you his hat since you all would be able to appreciate it. Sadie looks like she was loving the park. Hope all is well.

Post a Comment

Followers

Wild Olive Tees
Grace is our only Hope

Augustine: For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP