Links....

here are some links I want to share with you...
1.Love146.org is an organization that brings awareness and justice to the Modern day Slavery, sex trafficking. A group traveled to South East Asia on an exploratory trip to determine how they could serve in the fight against child sex trafficking. In one experience, a couple of our co-founders were taken undercover with investigators to a brothel, where they witnessed children being sold for sex. Please pray for this little girls. They said that Menus were handed out with pictures of what the little girls could do: Age 11 ____ can ___ for $25, for $100 ___. Please spread the word and lets fight against this. Even if all you can offer are prayers. stop now and pray.

2.HERE, guidepost has the story of how the President of World Vision came into his position. He was making a rather good living as CEO of a large company (with a 10 bedroom house and company jag) prior to accepting the job. I wont give away major details but it was very interesting. He said, "My corporate career, my comfortable life, my safe and tidy church involvement—all of it was just prologue, maybe even a distraction from serving the Jesus I had committed my life to 25 years earlier. I knew then that if I truly wanted to follow that Jesus, I would have to follow the one who gave himself for the poor and dispossessed."

3. I also want to share another great non-profit that does children sponsorships like World Vision. If you are skeptical of where you money goes, if it really makes a difference or if the company is genuine. Read this awesome Mom's story of her Trip with Compassion to Africa, where she met some of the sponsored child. {from wearethatfamilyblog}





Bookmark and Share

Christi Crow  – (March 23, 2010 at 8:18 PM)  

Awesome raffle idea! I'll get with you through email on some giftcards!

Post a Comment

Followers

Wild Olive Tees
Grace is our only Hope

Augustine: For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP