Meet our Nieghbor

Our neighbor, Madame Giani has been a blessing to us. She has been so generous in helping us get settled and meet people. You can see her in This Post, on the very last video with snow (at the end). She has introduced us to a friend of hers, who then got us in contact with a few other Americans on the Island and that lead to more Corsican Friends. I know God was apart of picking this specific apartment for us so that we can get to know her. She doesn't speak English but our supervisors were able to translate for us when we first moved in. Her and her husband are retired from the military. She said they moved every three years and spent time in Germany so she understands what it is like to be in a new town and not know the language. We have coffee together often, with a dictionary and my broken french, I am so thankful she is patient with our language learning. Matt's Mom even got to meet her on skype one day! I have also enjoyed exchanging food tastings with her, she brings over fresh vegetables from their garden in a near by village, soups and this traditional French meat below, sanglier, which is wild boar. I mainly have just given her different cookies and desserts...and chilie one time when she was sick. And I made an pumpkin pie for her family, which was a big hit. Here's a shoot out to those who sent us easy canned Libby's pumkin filling! She said she has only had pumpkin soup..so this was very new.


We have seen some Wild Boar skins out on the fences, I am not sure if it has a purpose or if it is just equivalent to our hanging deer heads in our living rooms.

She also got us in contact with an Indian family here in Corte, who speaks English. We have had dinner and lunch with them a few times and celebrated Kings Day with dessert! And it was I that found the toy in the cake...so you may now call me Queen Kelly the 1st. We have enjoyed getting to know this family as well, he is a retired Biology professor from the University here. And I am really fond of him, becuase he said that my French is coming along faster then Matt's. Not true, but is fun to pretend.

Rebecca  – (February 20, 2010 at 2:05 AM)  

Recipe please...that looks great!

Liz –   – (February 20, 2010 at 2:05 AM)  

Wild boar with pasta, one of my favorite Corsican dishes. You're torturing me with that photo! :)

Post a Comment

Followers

Wild Olive Tees
Grace is our only Hope

Augustine: For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP